Procedure to claim alimony along with divorce and maintenance

I want to divorce my husband on the ground of his impotency and unbearble mental torture due to his incapability and their money minded nature. He is earning quite good amount and staying in different city .he has spoiled so many years of my life. And I was mad in his love was thinking he might went for a treatment and take interest in making relation but he never took interest.What is fast way to get divorce along with alimony. we both are Hindu. can I get maintenance till the time I get divorce as I am phasing tremendous money problem as I am only child of my parent and my father is retired and mine is not permanent job and getting very less salary to bear the expenses. please suggest way to get maintenance and also to file divorce with alimony

Answers (2)

207 votes

ansYou r entitled to get maintenance..
If you are not :-
1. In adultery
2. Working lady having adequate earnings to maintain yourself
3. In any illicit relationship and
If your Husband is capable to earn then you will win the case u/s. 125 Cr. P. C.
You are entitled to get divorce also...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

224 votes

If you are facing tremendous monetary problem then you can file a case under section 125 Crpc for maintenance.If your husband is willing to give you divorce then you can file a mutual divorce or else you have to file a contested divorce on the grounds of impotency.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles