Procedure to cancel the registry of marriage

I have submitted the notice of marriage registry under soecial marriage act in December. Now I want to cancel the intended notice of marriage for some reason.I konw that after submitting notice within 30 days if I cant sign the notice autimatically rehected after 3 months. But I want to cancel the notice as early as possible. What can I do?We submitted notice on 28.12.17.pls help me. I do not want to marry now.

Answers (3)

The period to cancel notice has already expired. Now, only you have to wait another few months for expiring the statutory period of execution/ perform the marriage. You, need not to present before the marriage officer until and unless it would ceased it's force. It will be cancelled automatically.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You need to submit an objection before the marriage registrar and accordingly process would be initiated.
Consult an advocate and also a legal notice can also be sent in this regard for early disposal.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

If you dont want to get married now you can send a formal application to the Registrar requesting him to cancel the notice.Hopefully after formal enquiry he will cancel it.As a result from the date of cancellation your notice of intended marraige will become null & void in the eye of law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hindu girl has been register married to a non Hindu boy 15 days ago which is not good for her financially nor by any other means so how to raise an ob…

Read More

Sir I have registered marriage on 09/11/2016 now I want to know is it possible to cancel our marriage by girls parents by any means . Our relation is …

Read More

Sir/Madam, I got exparte divorce decree in Jan 2018 and got married in August 2018, till now divorce decree is not placed for set aside or cancelled, …

Read More

Sir, my sister had done a court marriage on 30th December 2017 but now she is saying that it was a mistake n wank to cancel the marriage.what should w…

Read More