Procedure in case husband sent legal notice for divorce.

I am hindu religion... i got arraneged marriage its 5 years tat i got married.. from the day 1 of my married life was very worst... my in laws n husband started insulting me for each n every small issues.. my husband n my inlaws physically and mentally tortured me a lot.. i have a 3 n half year old son.. my husband doesnt even cares my son.. he uses vulgar words to hurt me.. after all these i stayed thr for my son sake.. now 2 months back my mother in law only sent me to my moms place. After one week i called them to ask wen to come back she n my husband r now telling i dont want you n i dont want to c ur face n they scolded me in bad words.. now he has sent me divorce notice from the court i dont know wat to do. I have a small kid.. pls sir/madam guide me wat to do.. m totally blank

Answers (3)

264 votes

Hi...if you got the summons from the court u have to appear before the court and take copy of the divorce petition and on next date of hearing 7 file a objection on theire divorce petition.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes

If the divorce notice has been already sent to you then you will have to go and attend to the respective court where you are called upon to attend and thereafter u have to engage a counsel to undertake your case and then file objections for all the contentions that he has raised in divorce petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
248 votes

Dont lose heart, now you have to go to the lady police station, file a complaint under D V Act, & other one under section 498(a), then file a case/complainant to the court for maintenance for you and your child.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles