Procedure for filing divorce on the ground of wife torturing in laws

My boy friend is married over 4 years having a 3 yr old girl child. His wife never wanted to stay with his parents and tortured the family mentally in every step. Now he is seeking divorce his family was agreed but he slipped my name and now his wife is gaining sympathy by saying she has no fault my boy friend doesnot love her. Since they live in a village my bf s mom dad now asking him to stop and threatening my bf they will commit suicide if he contacts with me. We both are puzzled now how to tackle his parents and file the divorce hepl please. We all are hindu btw

Answers (4)

279 votes

If ur boyfriends wife is ready to go for a mutual divorce and if ur bf can prove that they hv been staying separated since a year. Then i believe a divorce petition can be filed under section 13b.
Most importantly your boyfriend should immediately file a general dairy in the nearest police station against his wife and mentioning the issues created by his wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

There can be a way out. I can help you to resolve this as I have handled these kind of typical divorce cases and made some way out. If you two are ready to co operate with me then only I can suggest and make a way out to solve this. If you two or anyone can meet me and explain me the whole matter in a face to face interaction then I can definitely make a solution for you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
216 votes

If both husband and wife agreed for divorce then file a joint petition for divorce by mutual consent. Otherwise file a contested divorce petition before the court. And in NY opinion without detail discussion proper consult your s not possible.

254 votes

your query is not legal but more of a personal advice, I feel you should move out of your married boy friends life immediately. your knowledge about his relationship with his wife is based on what he has told you. Your are not on the right side of your life. Give yourself and him 1 year time by not being in touch with each other. If possible change of city will give you better encouragement to move on.
He can give divorce on grounds of cruelty, but he has to prove it, which will be difficult when his parents are her side.
If she files cases against him he will have difficulty.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles