×

Procedure for filing divorce on the ground of wife torturing in laws

My boy friend is married over 4 years having a 3 yr old girl child. His wife never wanted to stay with his parents and tortured the family mentally in every step. Now he is seeking divorce his family was agreed but he slipped my name and now his wife is gaining sympathy by saying she has no fault my boy friend doesnot love her. Since they live in a village my bf s mom dad now asking him to stop and threatening my bf they will commit suicide if he contacts with me. We both are puzzled now how to tackle his parents and file the divorce hepl please. We all are hindu btw

your query is not legal but more of a personal advice, I feel you should move out of your married boy friends life immediately. your knowledge about his relationship with his wife is based on what he has told you. Your are not on the right side of your life. Give yourself and him 1 year time by not being in touch with each other. If possible change of city will give you better encouragement to move on.
He can give divorce on grounds of cruelty, but he has to prove it, which will be difficult when his parents are her side.
If she files cases against him he will have difficulty.

If both husband and wife agreed for divorce then file a joint petition for divorce by mutual consent. Otherwise file a contested divorce petition before the court. And in NY opinion without detail discussion proper consult your s not possible.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

There can be a way out. I can help you to resolve this as I have handled these kind of typical divorce cases and made some way out. If you two are ready to co operate with me then only I can suggest and make a way out to solve this. If you two or anyone can meet me and explain me the whole matter in a face to face interaction then I can definitely make a solution for you.

If ur boyfriends wife is ready to go for a mutual divorce and if ur bf can prove that they hv been staying separated since a year. Then i believe a divorce petition can be filed under section 13b.
Most importantly your boyfriend should immediately file a general dairy in the nearest police station against his wife and mentioning the issues created by his wife.