Procedure for divorce as wife cheated and filed for section 498A.

I want to divorce my wife ceated me And he did case aginst me 498a

Answers (5)

You can file divorce petition under Hindu Marriage act on ground of cruelty and if you are saying that you have been cheated than this can be also ground of taking divorce from your wife. If you are really cheated than you must file a complaint against your wife with the police station.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In India, the offence of adultery as defined under section 497 of IPC prescribes punishment for men only and not for women even when they act as abettors. Grounds for divorce on the basis of adultery is mentioned under section 13(1)(a) of Hindu marriage act,1955 which states that any marriage before or after the commencement of this act shall be dissolved by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party had voluntary sexual intercourse with any person other than his or her spouse after the marriage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Hi. You can go for mutual divorce if your wife agrees and you can offer her certain lump sum amount.
Otherwise divorce petition on the ground of cruelty and adultery.
First option is better and convenient if ur wife agrees

Sir !!
In such a circumstances firstly you should file one criminal complaint and appraise all the facts to the police

Secondly you can file a divorce by showing your wife conduct and character ..

Thirdly you can take defence in reply in the case 498a
By showing all the facts

The procedure is very simple and it is related to the Matrimonial issues. The supreme court has passed various judgments related to this and the situation is this that you can file for divorce in case of any cruelty committed upon you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I got married two years back and few months ago i came to know to that my wife have a boyfriend has relationship before marriage and it is still conti…

Read More

I was a hindu girl. I loved 1 muslim guy n got registered marriage before 2yrs by my religion conversion. Now am umme slma. But after marriage v dnt h…

Read More

If a married women start sharing her home with a man, other than her husband, when the husband is away . That also without husband's knowledge &am…

Read More

My husband is having an affair and I am sure about it. To prove infidelity in the court as a ground for divorce, what all are the evidences / proofs t…

Read More