Procedure for divorce and how to apply for maintenance

I am mother in law trying to separate me and my husband.she said me many bad words.and always try to create issues between me and my husband.nd before 3 month she told my husband some nonsense things and my husband fight with me and after that she told my husband to drop me at my home..on saying of her my husband drop me at my its become a big issue how can I applied for monthly expenses ...and after how many years we live separate then it consider as legal divorce..please guide me ...what should I do..

Answers (2)

309 votes

Firstly I would say file an FIR against ur husband and ur mother in law sec 498 A , and than file a case in court for maintenance under Sec 125 and a divorce case , as it will be easy to get maintenance and divorce if u want alimony all together u can do that also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

179 votes

HI, You can opt various remedies available in Criminal as well as civil remedy under the provisions of law, the better remedy is 125 and the protection of women from domestic violence act, further consultancy can only be given after knowing entire procedure.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles