On what grounds is Ex-parte divorce given ?

I am hindu and we have arranged marriage in 2014 1.5 year ago my husband apply divorce case without my knowledge however we leaves with me together in the ranted house. Before 5 month he told me that he is going for new job and will come soon but till not coming. Also he's disconnected with me and sad he wants divorce with me. his family also sad we disown him we dont know about him Common relative told me that he will receive divorce in next month on ground of behaviour is not good from him and his family also attend so many dates from court and showing me x parte However i am not aware for all those thing even not think about divorce he leaves with me and I have one baby . Please confirm this is possible I didn't received any court paper how it is possible. Also we leaves together he didn't give me any hint that he is doing such kind of things. He fraud with me ( fighting divorce while leaves with me ) Please help what should i do ?

Answers (3)

191 votes

if he still not in touch with you and left the matrimonial relationship without any reason, you must file an application for section 9 for restitution of conjugal rights. in case u have received any divorce petition notice filed by your husband then you should go and appear before the court and appraise the facts that you do not want a divorce with your husband and wants to live with him. in case you do not appear before the court even after proper service of the summons, the court will proceed ex parte against you and this may happen that the court may grant divorce decree to your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

245 votes

its not possible not at all according to law . but many questions are raise through out your statement. i want to know more about your things in your marriage life after that i will say anything for your problem

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
78 votes

Mam even though he file divorce petition be I'll not get exparte divorce..I also want to know about how is your relations with your in-laws so that they can be witness for you and what are you seeking I mean do you still want to live with him or you want to leave him..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles