No alimony given in lower court, can High Court change it?

Family court given divorce decree without any alimony to my wife. My wife appealed in high court requesting dismissal of decree. Since, lower court doesn't given any alimony, will it affect in high court? I mean, are there any chances of losing my case?

Answers (1)

224 votes

in matrimonial matters high court will not grant alimony and it will only confirm the lower court decree unless and until denial of alimony has been obtained by fraud is mentioned as grounds of appeal

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles