Need information regarding divorce process and alimony

what is the divoce process and alimony i can get from my husband

Answers (2)

341 votes

Ans: You have not mentioned your religion in your question. However, considering that you are a Hindu married lady the provisions of Hindu Marriage Act are applicable on you and you can get divorce from your husband under the provisions of section 13 of the said Act. You can get interim alimony during pendency of the suit under section 24 of the said Act. You can get permanent alimony under section 25 of the said Act. For this you have to file a suit before the concerned family court. This can be guided appropriately in personal meeting as to which place shall be appropriate for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

318 votes

hi dear,
we have read out your query very carafully actually hum apki prob samj ni paye ki aap apni prob ache se bataye ap apki prob ache se bataye ydi apki apne husband se ladai ho gyi kyoki aap unse bat kyo ni kare ni kar aap hume ache se bataye jisse apko hum aapki prob solve kar sakte hai.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

If my husband declared that i left house in his absence and i m not ready to take care of his daughter out of his first wedlock. And all this is incor…

Read More

I have engaged with a girl on 26th jan 2019, at new delhi in her house, it is like simple ceremony ie called Roka and Marriage date was fixed on 20th …

Read More

Dear sir/madam what are the steps in court after filing mutual consent Divorce under section 13 hindu religion…

Read More

after divorce does wife get any share on the ancestral property of the husband?…

Read More