My husband has filed for a Divorce can i object to it

Hi, I am xxx( female). I got married in 2005 and have been staying with my inlaws since then. After 3 years of my marriage my husband abandoned us and has been staying seperately for the last 10years. He filed for a divorce with all false allegations on me. I refused to give him a divorce. I filed for maintenance and restitution of conjugal rights which amounted big. He withdrew the divorce petition as he was not willing to pay the huge maintenance amount. I also filed for a maintenance on the restitution petition for which court had passed an order asking my husband to pay Rs 30k p.m as maintenance. Since he withdrew the divorce i thought that he is willing to unite and did not take any step towards the order received. This got expariated. He filed divorce again in 2015. I filed a petition to restore the order for maintenance. I am staying at my matrimonial house until now with my old father in law and Brother in law who is going to college. I am a hindu, tamil.

Answers (3)

294 votes

Hello ,
You have been doing the right thing under the guidance of your learned Counsel. This time if he tries to escape by withdrawing the case don't allow. IF you need my assistance I am ready to help in this regard for maintenance. pl. call me without hesitation. in my mobile.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

You already know the process. Now you have to repeat it. You have to file counter in the divorce petition filed by your husband and contest the same. It is effective to put pressure by filing petition to execute the maintence order.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
230 votes

what do you want exactly? your question is incomplete and you didn't mention your requirement.

1. you have very much rights to stay at your matrimonial home.
2. if your husband is not reacting on maintenance order then you can go for salary attachment.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles