My ex husband hacked my email and blackmailing me to give money

Hello everyone, I'm an indian, who got married with a wrong guy who don't go to work and drink everyday. He beats me everyday in front of our child. So I thought to move away from him without endangering my son's life. I applied for a MBA program in France and moved to France on Oct 2016 and placed my kid with my mom with a agreement filed with court that his father cannot take him from my mom home. I fall in love with a guy in 2017, we are dating each other for a year now but the problem me and my current boyfriend took a few personal photos not too sexy like just kissing. My photos has been saved in Google photos in a email address I created in 2017 for applying jobs, which is not known to anyone only for a few of my friends here in France. Somehow my ex husband hacked into my email account and sending me my photos with my boyfriend. He is demanding to give him 500000 rupees or else he will send the photos to my family and post it in internet. What are my options now?

Answers (1)

215 votes

Try to collect some evidence of the fact that he is blackmailing you, either by recording your conversation with him or by saving your chat with your husband on the e-mail. If the photos are not very intimate it would not be possible for him to prove adultery. Apart from this his blackmailing chats would be enough to prove his guilt that he is trying to extort money from you and that he intruded your right to privacy which is a fundamental right by hacking your account.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles