Mutual divorce filed, but i want to cancel it and stay with husband.

On 16 November is my date for mutual husband said me that we will take back our potion back up to October and now he deniy and said he want divorce mutually.but I want to live with my husband.I want that on 16 november i will deny for divorce and judge cancel our joint petition for mutual divorce and said to my husband to put with it possible.previously my mother in law filed a pittion in banipark senior citsion foram and said that I abuse n beat her.and took a order to prohibited me to enter her house and took affidevit by me that I will never say that they ask me dowary

Answers (2)

142 votes

As your consent for mutual divorce was taken by way of fraud, you can deny for divorce in court and raise this objection in your mutual divorce petition pending in court. So far as the case filed by your mother in law under the provisions of senior citizens act that will not have any effect over the proceedings of family court. you can also raise the objections with regard to the affidavit filed by you in the senior citizen act's proceedings, if the same was got filed by your husband by playing fraud on you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

281 votes

If u deny for divorce the application u/s 13 B shall be rejected. But the Judge can't say your husband to put you with him. If you want to live with him you have to file application u/s 9 Hindu Marriage Act. You may also file application u/s 18,19,20 of Protection of women from Domestic Violence and u/s 23 for Interim Relief. If the property in which your mother in law is living is paternal or belongs to your father in law and he is no more or belongs to your husband you may enter, but you have to take shelter of the Law.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles