Mutual consent possibility when case pending supreme court

Hi, My son-in-law had filed for divorse case initially 3 years back and after the trial court and high court, the case is now with supreme court. All these days my daughter was unable to take a decision on her divorse and now she is thinking if she can agree for divorse. Now the case being going on in supreme court, can my daughter go for mutual consent? will there be any impact for us or any other issues or problems if she agrees for divorse at this stage? Thanks in advance.

Answers (1)

277 votes

If it is the matrimonial dispute which is pending adjudication before SC, then, the parties can submit that they are inclined to part ways thereby paving way to mutually dissolve the marriage. As the matter is pending adjudication before SC, the 6 months period can be waived off in consideration of the interest of the parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles