Mother in law and sister in law torturing. What can i do now?

My mother in law and sister in law are torturing me. Now she has kept a tenant in the house. Is it legal to keep a tenant in house? What action can I take?

Answers (3)

53 votes

As far as tourture is concerned you can file a complaint in women cell near you. And as far as tenant is concerned they can certainly keep tenant if there is space for tenant. But if tenant is encroaching upon your space then you can also make it as part of torture in complaint to women cell

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

If the house belongs to them, they are free to keep a tenant. However, you can get a separate accommodation to deal with the torture. Depending on the nature of harassment, you could choose a suitable legal remedy.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
221 votes

the tenant can stay in your house that not concern if property belong to one of them but the torturing in that you can complaint file in CAW cell about you mother in law and sister in law and therefore the police ask him what they have problem regarding them why she is torturing you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles