Mental harassment by wife how to file for divorce

my wife is working in chandigarh and the timings of their working is odd so she did not daily updownn to panipat. she doesnt want to live in panipat with my mom and doesnt want to leave job. my family disturb about this. she told me now that she doesnt leave job as well as me. so please tell me sir what should i do now, i want to divorce from her. i have completed my marriage life about 3 year.

Answers (3)

305 votes

You can file the divorce petition on various grounds, on the ground of Mental Harassment, Mental cruelty or mutual consent, there can be other grounds also. By the way do you have any child also, that may also be consideration.

You can discuss with her as a final discussion and then you can make up your mind. Once you makeup your mind you can meet your counsel and the strategy can be finalized.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

211 votes

you can file divorce in place where you live or work or where the marriage was performed. You can file divorce on grounds of cruelty and you are being deserted by your wife. All you need is proof of marriage, one ID cum address proof and two passport size photos and of course a lawyer. Don't forget to keep a proof of your wife that she is working and earning salary, as this will help you when court considers about alimony to be granted or not to your wife. So try to get hold her salary slip of any previous month and or her bank account statement reflecting her salary.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
333 votes

Dear client,
First of all try to settle the matter at home with the help of near and dear, if remained unsolved try to convince her for a mutual consent divorce as it will save/reduce your money, time and mental pain.
Another thing to keep in mind is that when you file case of divorce, other than mutual consent, she will file domestic violence, maintenance and cruelty complaints/cases.
So better to try for mutual consent divorce.

For further information or assistance you can call/meet me.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles