mental harassment as i am forced to do lot of physical work by inlaws

i am a women in my mid 40s i got married at the age of 22.i have been forced to do lot of physical work which was beyond my limits and has been mentally harassed . now i am a patient (never ben on any medication)of depression and anxiety.Now i am not able to do lot of work because of my mental state.father in law wants me to leave the self-esteem is parents also been insulted and not allowed in my inlaws house.I HAVE GIVEN THE PRECIOUS YEARS OF MY LIFE TO THAT HOUSE.Do i have any right to stay in that house with pmy husband never say anything. he is a silent spectator

Answers (3)

268 votes

Dear Madam,

You have every right to stay in the house with dignity and if your husband and inlaws are forcing you to leave you should approach the court by filling a domestic violence complaint and all for right to residence and right to live in the house with dignity without being forced to do all the work

In case you require further assistance please feel free to contact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

Yes you have rights to stay there. You can go to court under domestic violence act for right to residence and also for protection. Moreover if the cruelty is even more you can file criminal case too, which also attract prison for in-laws.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
280 votes

You will have to fight legal battles while staying in the house for your is for you to decide whether you are prepared for it or can file case under Domestic Violence Act against your in laws for the cruelties caused to you and ask for right of residence too.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles