quesMarried to an already married man how can I file for divorce

I am married for almost 9 years and have a 6 yr old child. Our marriage is not registered. Now i wish to separate for compatibility concerns though he doesnt want to. Also to be noted that he was already married outside our marriage and has a grown up child from his first marriage and is still not divorced from his first wife either till date. I would want a mutual separation but what are the grounds incase i need to file a separation and will it be a legal divorce?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansU stated that u married nine years back when he was already married .It means his first marriage must have taken place at least ten years or more that. When did u come to know about his first marriage and what steps u took . Did u try to contact his first wife ? Do u know that ur second marriage is illegal and he can be punished for bi gamy ? What is the arrangement he has made for u and ur child for future maintenance ? Mutual consent Divorce is possible provided he has made arrangement for ur safety and he is ready to give it. Contact advocate he will guide u .

      Advocate Sandeep Bhaskar Naik

        Bombay High Court, Mumbai

    • ansyes you can and it will be legally right and the grounds which you are asking can only be discovered when you meet the lawyer personally and discuss what all are the compatibility concerns and than only a lawyer can decide what will be the grounds to file divorce

      Advocate Santosh Yadav

        Andheri East, Mumbai

    • ansOk. You have not disclosed ur religion. Of you are governed under Hindu law then legally you will not come within the definition of legal wife. So far as Hindu law is concerned unless and until 1st wife is legally divorced second can not be done. Now you can file case for 420 of IPc and also can file criminal case wherein you can demand all the relifs as you are in need and also ask for separation and protection.

      Advocate Sagar Kothari

        District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

    • ansDear client as u r second wife so yr marriage is illegal. so u cannot file divorce. But u can file for nullity of marriage on the ground of fraud if u donot known about his first marriage. For proper discussion call me

      Adv prasad patil


      Advocate Prasad Patil

        Pimple Saudagar, Pune

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have been divorced from my ex husbands and my 3 years baby is with…
    I have got to know that my husband had an affair before our marriage which…
    I'm a Christian and I got married when I was 16 and separated from him…
    she has filed a crime case of rape and assault against my son in australia…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly