quesMarried in Delhi, husband in agra. Can i file alimony case in kolkata?

I want to file a maintenance case against my husband who is in agra. Me and my husband got married in delhi and stayed there for a while. Now i am in kolkata and my husband is in agra. I want to know if i can file a maintenance case in kolkata itself? I also have a 5 yr old child.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Yes you can file the case in Kolkata if your parents are residing there.


    • ansAs per Hindu law you can file a case only where, marriage was soleminised or lastly couple was reside.

      Advocate Akhil Verma

        Delhi High Court, Delhi

    • ansYes you can file in Kolkata

      Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

        Supreme Court of India, Delhi

    • ansYou can. File the case in Kolkata if your parents are residing there.

      Advocate Ritesh Isaac

        Bengali Market, Delhi

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I want to take divorce legally but we don't want to go court. It will…

    My husband is a womaniser...he fools girls over jeevansathi..promises them to marry and sexually harasses…
    I have a female friend whose marriage held last year. After some time they came…
    Hi I'm from Mumbai married from past 10 years and that too love marriage. My…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>