×

quesMarried for 15 years. Now i want to divorce my husband. What rights?

I have been married for 15 years. Can i divorce my husband? What are my rights? I don't know anything about divorce. Please guide me.

• ansHello,
      For filing divorce two things required cruelty n desertion which have to be proved. You have not specified reasons for divorce. You also not disclosed about kids you both have out of wedlock. You can claim maintenance too. U can contact us n disclose your further action so can help you out.

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansDefinitely you can file divorce petition. You can claim maintainance, share in property and all the other reliefs which you are in need. But it is advised that before initiating any proceedings one must issue legal notice to the otherside. As we do not know your facts and grounds for seeking divorce we are not able to advise further.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansYou can divorce your husband depending on the various grounds as per your situation and religion as well as personal laws.

You can get interim maintenance during the period of case hearing.

once case is decided then Court will grant you Permanent Alimony as well as place of residence.

If you have kids then you can also claim the education and other expenses for the kids.