Legal procedure to file for contested divorce

Could you please give legal advice on how to proceed for divorce if she is still not willing to give but has left the matrimonial home?

Answers (2)

315 votes

As per your query

If your wife has left the matrimonial house without your consent you can very well file a Divorce proceeding against your wife stating all the grounds of dispute between you and your wife.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

260 votes

Dear sir
The provission of divorce has been defined in Hindu Marraiage Act. The Act has defined verious grounds for divorce. You can file petition in court for Divorce. If She is Not living with you since 2years then you can file divorce petition in court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles