×

Legal procedure to file for contested divorce

Could you please give legal advice on how to proceed for divorce if she is still not willing to give but has left the matrimonial home?

As per your query

If your wife has left the matrimonial house without your consent you can very well file a Divorce proceeding against your wife stating all the grounds of dispute between you and your wife.

Regards

Dear Client,
You will need to file for Divorce in the Family Court or the District Court as the case may be on the ground of desertion, if she has deserted you without sufficient cause for a continuous period of 2 years, or divorce can be filed on the ground of cruelty, if during the subsistence of your married life together she has treated you with mental or physical cruelty.Divorce can be filed on various other grounds too as enumerated in section 13 of the Hindu Marriage At, 1955, if the parties are Hindu by religion.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Dear sir
The provission of divorce has been defined in Hindu Marraiage Act. The Act has defined verious grounds for divorce. You can file petition in court for Divorce. If She is Not living with you since 2years then you can file divorce petition in court.