Legal procedure for divorce & recovery of marriage expenses

What is the procedure for divorce..i spent all marriage expenses. .now I want half of the expense back from the there anyway

Answers (1)

There are several grounds through which divorce can be applied. You need to state your facts and circumstances which would fit within the grounds as described in the Hindu marriage act. It will be impossible to refer the Money spent on marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

If the wife is the OCI holder based on husband indian citizenship, in case of divorce, the OCI has to be surrendered. But the child is Indian citizen.…

Read More

I have filed for divorce against my wife who was torturing my 83 yrs old mother. I filed the case in Purulia in west bengal. My wife went to kolkata h…

Read More

My brother had filed a divorce under Hindu Mariage act and after a year, District Family court has ordered to pay 6K as monthly alimony to his wife. M…

Read More

My husband left me a few years ago,without divorce or any financial/emotional settlement due to misunderstandings based on his relationship with a wo…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue