Legal grounds & provisions to file for divorce by muslim wife

Under what act and provision and on what grounds Muslim wife can file for divorce

Answers (2)

Hi... Muslims can file for divorce under muslim law for various grounds which is mentioned in muslim marriag
act It includes cruelty also. If both are agrees forfivorce than u can go for mutual consent divorce .
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Muslim women can obtain divorce through Khula by returning her dower(me hr) she has received at the time of her marriage by her husband. she also can obtain divorce two customary way-1.through their personnel sharia law through Tafweez and lian 2.through Mubaraa . Dissolution of Muslim marriage act.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hello sir, I am a female married to an it professional from almost 7 years. From the beginning he used to control me. He doesn't allow me to freel…

Read More

sir, i am working as a quality manager in garments. it is a village.but company have provided 2bhk quarters and EB,water, phone bill everything free.b…

Read More

Hello sir, my wife leave me since 45 days & want divorce but i m not want to give him divorce. She not send me any legel notice. Now my question i…

Read More

Hello, Good day.. I (Husband) filled Divorce on adultery ground and filled DNA test, Court granted DNA test order. If order reveals that the baby is n…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue