Legal action for breakup with girlfriend after 5 years

In Divorce Law
I was in a live-in relationship (but never had sex) with my girlfriend for two and half years. Overall we were in relationship for 5 years incl. Covid period where we did not meet each other. Our parents started our marriage talks but it didn't end well and my family realised that she won't be a good fit to our family (lifestyle, food, culture difference). Today I told her that I won't be marrying her, am I attracting any legal issue. Please note I never had intercourse with her.I only did kissing but no sex

Answers (2)

80 votes


No criminal or legal libality can be made.

Its your life and everybody has right to take his life’s decission.

Do not worry, in case she makes a complaint or haraass you. Take ot lightly and confidently.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

278 votes

In case she end up taking revenge or in anger she might falsely implicate you in sec 376 ipc ! Therefore it’s better u hire an advocate n submit your apprehension intimation in this regard ..this will protect u n your family members …thanks

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles