Is filing of domestic violence case compulsorily by an advocate?

My questions are 1) Is it compulsory to file Domestic Violence petition through an advocate only or being an individual and self dependent can I also file the same before the District Magistrate Court Mumbai? 2) Where to file (exact which location) if I stay at Mulund Area in Mumbai.

Query no1) yes you can file it on your own if you're aware of legal process however it is always better and advisable to file the same with legal expert.2) where the aggrieved person is residing can file complaint before the magistrates court of that area.

1. You can also file DV application in person. Advocate is not necessary for filing or pursuing the case. But Advocate is certainly helpful to draft it properly as he knows the nuances of law and you will not have any loopholes left.
2. You can file it in Metropolitan Magistrate's court Mulund which is situated just outside the Mulund station.

You can file complaints of your own in mulund magistrate court u/s 12 of protection of womens from domestic violence act or you can take the assistance of proecyion offuver appointdd by govt.in every districtssi