Is divorce necessary for marriage not registered

My wife wants to divorce me after a whole year of mentally torturing my family and me. We don't have a marriage certificate and I will deny to sign the divorce papers. Please advise

Yes, assuming you are Hindus, You can file for divorce under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. One option available to you is filing for divorce by mutual consent, if your wife also agrees to the divorce.

Kindly let me know which cast you belong? After knowing your cast and religion, I will be able to advise you as per the concerned personal laws. If you belong to few exempted cast than personal laws would not apply on you.

Hello
If u and your wife really wants to divorce, hence you both needs to file petition before family court.
If one from you both are not ready to throw your marital relationship from each other then other one spouse can file separate divorce petition.