In laws & husband demand divorce but wife don't want to give divorce

31-Mar-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I slapped my husband on the evidences which proves he was having an extra marital affair. Now everyone is stuck only at the point that I slapped him..but no one is discussing about his chats/ photos with the other lady. I feel I can change him and therefore do not want to divorce him. On the other side,his parents insisting me to leave the house. Now, briefing the background in short - he had not property before our marriage .i joined his office and managed to create 2 house properties.. a luxurious car and a bigger office within a span of 3 years of weddIng..all the properties are in the name of both- me and husband . My in laws threatening me that they will not t let me get a penny I have no intentions to get divorce ..but my husband wants it . Please help
Answers (3)

Answer #1
993 votes
Firstly, as you have proofs of his extra-marital affair so you have an upper hand if he goes for litigation anyways. Further, as you are a co-owner of all the properties of your husband so it will be a big risk for him to go for divorce and this would be advised by any lawyer he consults. In the present case, don't relinquish your share in the property at any cost even if they give any bait and start treating you nicely.
Apart from these legal remedies, you should also consult a marriage counselor who can guide you as you genuinely wish to save your marriage as any legal step would only strain the relationship between you and your husband.

Answer #2
807 votes
If your husband file divorce case against you then you have to proceed that case
Instead of that it will be better that you have to take action against ur inlaws
You have to file a case for cohabitation or you have to send legal notice to your inlaws
Answer #3
524 votes
On what grounds he want to get divorce if he is filing a divorce petition then you can oppose and defend your side in the court the divorce petition ground prove to be illegal and beyond reasonable grounds provided in the provision of law

For any kind of Law support and legal services kindly contact us at
Gurchal and Associates law services Bhosari Pune

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."