I'm a married woman and I'm in a relationship with other.

In Divorce Law
My marriage hasn't been registered in the court, I have two children but i don't want them to be with me, I want to divorce my husband but he isn't even allowing me to step out from the house, my parents are also not supporting me as I had married him against my parents opinion. Can I live in with the guy with whom I'm in a relationship after that I will file divorce petition.

Answers (2)

75 votes

Even though your marriage hasn't been registered the marriage is still valid if all the rites and rituals were performed as per the Hindu marriage law.

you can live in with the guy but you can't marry him until you get divorce.

so you should either file for Divorce or judicial Seperation.

for detailed instructions contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

Mam, if your marriage is done as per Hindu rites than it is considered as marriage before the eye of law. Now if you leave your husband and reside with your boyfriend than this will be considered as adultery and your husband may file an FIR against you and your boyfriend.
The only way in your case to file a divorce case we need to sit across table and prepare the strategy as because Hindu law has specifically described the grounds of divorce. Please contact me so we can discuss furtheer.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles