Husband wants to file for divorce but wife not giving proper answer

07-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
My friend needs a divorce but her wife's side is not giving him proper answer whether to give or not. My friend spoke to his father many times but not getting any proper answer as my friend needs a divorce. His wife at this time in her parents home and the time she left she didnt informed to him or her in-laws. My friend never asked for dowry. Kindly suggest me the legal way my friemd can handle this. Upon that my friend's wife is 4 years elder to him which his parents lied about.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
833 votes
You have not mentioned the proper facts. When the marriage was held, when your friend came to knowledge about the age of girl, whether after that your friend make any physical relationship with girl, whether marriage is consummated and whether they have any child or not.
Before filing divorce petition or any other petition we have to know all the above facts. It's better if your friend consult us in chamber.
Answer #2
902 votes
Read your query, my answer to you is, you have three options one is to file for divorce, second is file for restitution of conjual rights or you can file for nulity of marriage depends upon your need.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."