Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband wants divorce as wife filed false case u/s 498A against him

Wife filed false 498a against husband and other family members. Now husband want divorce as due to seoeration of 2.5 years and cruelty as filed fake 498 a case against husband.

Answers (3)

You can file a application for Restitution of Conjugal Right, with Prayer stating that you are not ready to give Divorce to your Wife.
Your wife will automatically ask for Divorce,... If she agreed to come with you , then you can decide further... line of action

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir,
Husband can file for Divorce under Cruelty filing a false case is also cruelty. You can contact an advocate for a detailed discussion on how to proceed and file for Divorce . If you have children? are they with your wife ? then you can file for custody/access along with your Divorce prayers.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

If any competent court has declared that the wife did file a false 498 A of the IPC, then the act of the wife amounts to cruelty and the husband can seek divorce. There are certain grounds on which court can grant divorce and cruelty is one of them.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Since I don't have divorce decree, my 2nd wife has filed for null n void (she has divorce decree from court). Hence I've applied for declarati…

Read More

my brother had got married in dec - 3rd 2016 now she fights with him even beat him some times and saying that i file a complain against u and yr famil…

Read More

Helo sir. Agar 498a ka case dismis ho jaye our wife out of court is jid per rehe ki vo paise bhi le gi our apne sasural vapis bhi nahi jayegi na talak…

Read More

Can I leave the country with pending DV, divorce and 498a cases filed by my wife with permission of Court? Trial in 498a has not started, only FIR is …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue