Husband wants divorce as wife disregards husband's family

got arranged married 3 months ago. She is central govt. employee and I am private employee living with my parents residing in govt. accommodation allotted to my father in Delhi. My mother is paying for her expanses and she never disclose her salary to us while asking replied that she will not contribute on monthly basis but can share when in need. recently She got selected on higher scale in some other city 700 km far on 7th feb but did not inform anyone in my family till 17 feb . on 17th her father came and took her to their home and said she will be joining the new job from 1st march. I and my family are not convinced with her new job as far from home and resident in nature(she has to stay in school accommodation NVS). Although she is saying that after joining will take Leave without pay to live with me but it sounds bluff to me any my family. Meantime while checking her mobile I got to know that she disregard my family to her known and also had boyfriend before marriage.

Answers (2)

148 votes

Sir, if u wish to file a case of divorce the above mentioned grounds are not apt and sufficient.
Pls meet in person so that I can guide you better as to what else we can find from your married life history, if you really want to file for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

236 votes

"Mutual Trust" is the bedrock of married life. Give her some time. However if you have proof of whatever allegations wrt her character you may first settle it within your family by involving senior members. However if you decide to separate you both can go for mutual divorce and if this does not work then you can file a divorce petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles