Husband threatening to marry another lady is he liable to pay me money

I did not have access to my cellphone bcz my husband took away from me.i am married with my husband try to marriage other women and he said he bring her in same apartment in which we I don't want to do that but he is the owner of the apartment so that's why I can't do anything.i have question if I need divorce or separation to him can he is able to provide food and place to live to me and my kids and could he pay my kids school fees.could he bring them cloths

Answers (3)

321 votes

madam don't worry for your type of problems government made several acts to protect the interest of the wife and children.
in your case until your permission if your husband marries any woman he will be prosecuted by criminal law.
you can file maintenance case against your husband U/S 125 OF CR.P.C. claiming maintainance amount for your monthly expenditure and for your children's welfare also.
you can also file petition under DVC for separate residential facility your husband has to pay the rent and maintenance of
the building in which you live.
you can take action against your husband by filing section 498-a under I.P.C.
so please don't worry and tell your husband all these consequences.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

300 votes

You should file a case of Domestic violence against your husband and ask the court to provide for

a) Protection orders under section 17 and 18 of THE PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Act, 2005
b) Residence orders under section 19 of THE PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Act, 2005
c) Monetary reliefs under section 20 of THE PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Act, 2005

If you file for divorce and at the time of grant of decree of divorce all of the above orders can be made part of divorce proceedings and can be incorporated as part of divorce decree.

All of the above orders are for you and your 4 kids.
No worries. Once you make your decision, you should contact a lawyer of your locality who will help you in getting through the process and get you the above orders.
Hope this helps

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
112 votes

Yes if you want to divorce or get separated from your husband, he is liable to maintain you till the time you get remarried. Further, he is also liable to take care of your kids and their future if they are minors till the time they attain majority. File for divorce and claim permanent alimony for yourself and welfare amount for your kids' education and future. Also you can file a domestic violence case against him for his cruel activities and claim maintenance, residential order and protection order from the court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles