Husband threatening to give divorce and asking me to leave the house

 My Husband is not working.He drunk mostally.He is taking medicine Mirgi from Jaipur.He wants Divorce.I have two son.Sister in Law and mother in law are forcing for Divorce. My Mother in Law taking Pension from Army .What should i do ?.I dnt want do that, My two sons is studying..Please suggest my rights and I need my sons.Mother in Law is forcing to left house without sons.

Answers (3)

224 votes

If you want to satay with your Husband then no one can force you to stay away, you have to take a stand, But You have to think about your feature also, You have ground to take Divorce from your Husband , and at same time you can keep your Kids with you , We have sufficient way for that.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

You have not mentioned the age of your son. Still looking at the problem posted by you my opinion is that you have every right to stay in the shared household with your husband your in-laws cannot force you out nor they can separate the children from you. The legal remedy available to you is that you can file a petition under section 12 of Protection of women from Domestic violence Act before a competent Magistrate

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
272 votes

you don't leave the house . where r u live ? i want to know about your family. you have all rights. anyone have no right for forcing for divorce. about your sons what is the age of your sons? there are various questions ?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles