Husband making false statements on my character, how to get divorce

I got love marriage in September 2014 and now I M 7 months pregnant but my husband got second marriage and the girls parents refused that marriage they took that girl back and now she got another marriage in her relative and now my husband is telling that my character is not good but he is ready to leave with me and he is calling me to native place which is not safe for me can I put a case against my husband on this please guide me....... (our caste is Balajiga and my husband caste is Kurubhas)

Answers (5)

187 votes

Dear madam,
Yes you can file a decree for divorce on the above stated circumstances and above you stated circumstances attracts cruelty ground and on that ground you can claim divorce and maintenance for you and your child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

Hello ,

When your husband married for second time and you came to know about that you should have filed a criminal complaint with police authorities against your husband, and after reading your facts its better to seek a divorce . Please feel free to contact me. Thanks for writing.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
81 votes

2 years after marriage a spouse can file a suit for divorce. You should be having some grounds for same.,Having a child is your choice. In your case it is more than 2 years from the date of marriage.The difference in caste is not important for divorce.

110 votes

Yes, you can file in the mystic violence act case against your husband in the court of law and pray for the protection order restraining him from causing any kind of ill treatment or violence against you

243 votes

As you both belong to hindu religioun you can file a case for divorce on ground of cruelty and also claim permanent alimony or maintenance the second marriage entered by your husband is invalid hence your marriage is still subsisting and if you want divorce just file case on ground of cruelty and also ask for maintenance

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles