Husband left home without informing what should I do

In Divorce Law
My husband had been mentally torturing me. also he do not seem like a normal guy he is not ready to go to see psychiatrist along with me . he has left me and went. did not inform me that he is going away. He has taken my jewelry with him "stridhan". there are two cases already logged against him in the police station. Please advice should I lodge an FIR or file for divorce.

Answers (2)

207 votes

Firstly file a police complaint that your husband has taken your jewelry and ran away mention full details, time, place and day with descriptions of jewlry and any other things he has taken, further file a case for divorce on ground of mental cruelty and get divorce, further file a case of domestic violence and claim stridhan and other reliefs which u want.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

If you are interested to move on in life file for divorce. If you want to claim back all your possessions and claim alimony you need to file other cases. File a d.v and try to attach all his property and even claim maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles