Husband left and no idea where he is. What is the divorce procedure?

We got married in court (19-may-14) and within 2 months of marriage he took all my money and left without even informing(31-Jul-14). His parents demanded dowry before marriage so he wanted to marry in a court. But after marriage his sole purpose was taking money from me. we did not have any kind of relation even after marriage and suddenly he vanished, I tried filing a complaint but police only wrote missing complaint which they closed without information as soon as the boy went there and signed. There is no contact since then and i want divorce as early as possible. Kindly advise..

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

U can file a case seeking divorce on the ground of desertion and cruelty. U can also file a case under the Domestic Violence Act. U can seek maintance from your husband during the pendency of the divorce petition.

As of now there is only one proceeding which can be initiated against your husband. Petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. This is great for seeking order from court directing him to take you back respectfully as your wife. Maintenance can be sought if admits his intention to take you home as his wife. The other proceedings can also be initiated depending upon other facts involved in your matter.