quesHusband having extra marital affair.Can file any case against the girl

My husband is having an affair with i girl. I want to file for divorce as well file a case against that woman. Can i file any case against her?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansAdultery is a valid ground for divorce. Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act provides for different grounds for divorce first of which is adultery. No action for having illicit relation with her husband can be initiated against the women. Section 497 of IPC is applicable against male

      Advocate Sanjesh Prasad

        Ashiana Nagar, Patna

    • ansYes for that u have to file two case. For getting divorce u have to file a matrimonial case in the family Court on the ground of adultery . And you can file a another criminal case of adultery against your husband and that gal.

      Advocate Ratnesh Kumar

        Civil Court, Patna, Patna

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    What will be the status of the Marriage Decree after one year in the following…
    Hi, I got married about 5 years back in Goa. Like the typical practice in…

    Hi team, I am basically from Lucknow U.P., my wife from Allahabad, U.P. We married…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly