Husband has extra marital affair can i file for divorce

I am a Hindu,married for last 16.5 yrs.My husband had many a times extra marital affairs.Thinking of by mistake he has done so I hv forgiven him.We went for counselling where he confessed everything.But again and again he is indulging in such nuisense which now became unbearable for me.I have a daughter of 13yrs old. Myself is a high school teacher.My in-laws r somehow supporting me but I m in a delimma what 2 do.Plse suggest me a way out.

Answers (3)

Yes ,
You can take up the issues and other details and seek legal remedy for yourself including divorce in case relationship is not a fruitful and or irretriavable breakdown, better to consult us do that proper remedy be taken. Ofc : Adv Pankaj Kumar & associate..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

I suggest you to first have a discussion with all your family members including your parents on your decision to continue with the marital relationship and further it is more important that you coming to a fair decision on filing a divorce petition before the family court. As a matter of right you can file a divorce petition for cruelty and extra marital relationship against your husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Yes. You can file the divorce based on the extramarital affairs of your husband. I.e. Adultery.
You can also file a complaint as such relations amount to an offence.
You can also seek the remedy under the domestic violence act.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

What if i wants divorce and wife does not? And I have no child She's affair in past so that's why I don't want live with her What should …

Read More

 A friend of mine got recently married. They have not yet registered their marriage legally. But have performed the rituals as per the Hindu trad…

Read More

mare husband punjab police mein h on probation period but he has extra marital affair with divorcee girl,near about 2year ho gye he torture me mentall…

Read More

Hello sir i am 26 years muslim girl i was married to man about 10 years have 2 kids, now my husband keeps doubting me that i have an affair and have l…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue