Husband forcing me to tell a lie in high court that we stayed together

Hi sir, my husband applied for quashing (498A) in high court by mean of Reunion with me and our baby. I cooperated with him. High court judge advised us that we should live together with our baby for 2 months, After that case will be automatically closed. My husband and his lawyer accepted judge, 3 months are over. My husband didn't take me back till now. Now he is forcing me to tell a lie in high court that we lived together in false address to close the case.I don't know why my husband doing this..I don't know what I have to do next.. Please help me sir.

Answers (2)

127 votes

Please do not tell lie in the high Court as your husband may not take you back to the matrimonial house. . In all probability he just wanted to get ride of criminal cases.
Therefore you please see his real intentions first & then move ahead..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

Your husband wants to quash the 498A filed by you, for which he has filed the quash petition, in which the court had directed parties to reside together in order to resolve the issue amicably. He did not comply with the courts direction, your husband is in gross contempt of the High courts orders, file a contempt petition against him. the court will dismiss his quash petition after you file for contempt against your husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles