×

Husband demanding wife's salary and torturing when not given

Sir i am married from 3 year and my husband demanding my salary. Whrn i refuse to it he he torture me physically and mentally

I am not sure what precisely is your query but being mentally and physically tortured for money is cruelty. Next time he raises his hand on you, you can go to the local Govt hospital and mention that your husband beat you. They will direct you to the local Police Station. If the wounds are visible, take photos of the same. This all is proof which will help you later.
However, if it is not Divorce which you are seeking, you can try speaking to him about how his violence affects you or involve your in-laws' if your relationship with them is good or better still go for marriage counselling.

Madam, it depends upon whether your husband is doing job and getting handsone salary, if it do so , you can ask him such type of acts comes under the acts of domestic Violence for which you can file complaint of him to Police Station alongwith acts of cruelty by husbans against wife. However if he does not understand by your words you can lodged the report of the same and can get protection against violence from your husband. therafter you can proceed the competent court for the same as protection and Residence order under DV act

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Hello mam its very upseting to hear that but you can refuse to do so and moreover you can file domestic violence against the same harrasment, your salary is your personal earning and hence with your will and wish it should be shared with the family. No one can force you and take it from you. Thank you