Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband demanding wife's salary and torturing when not given

Sir i am married from 3 year and my husband demanding my salary. Whrn i refuse to it he he torture me physically and mentally

Answers (3)

I am not sure what precisely is your query but being mentally and physically tortured for money is cruelty. Next time he raises his hand on you, you can go to the local Govt hospital and mention that your husband beat you. They will direct you to the local Police Station. If the wounds are visible, take photos of the same. This all is proof which will help you later.
However, if it is not Divorce which you are seeking, you can try speaking to him about how his violence affects you or involve your in-laws' if your relationship with them is good or better still go for marriage counselling.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Madam, it depends upon whether your husband is doing job and getting handsone salary, if it do so , you can ask him such type of acts comes under the acts of domestic Violence for which you can file complaint of him to Police Station alongwith acts of cruelty by husbans against wife. However if he does not understand by your words you can lodged the report of the same and can get protection against violence from your husband. therafter you can proceed the competent court for the same as protection and Residence order under DV act

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Hello mam its very upseting to hear that but you can refuse to do so and moreover you can file domestic violence against the same harrasment, your salary is your personal earning and hence with your will and wish it should be shared with the family. No one can force you and take it from you. Thank you

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

my husband filed case against me in Hindu marriage Act.he tried to get indirect divorce from me.In front of court, he told that" he was ready to …

Read More

I was married to an nri in august 2013.he went to uk after marraige as it took sometime for me to get visa . meanwhile I stayed with his parents in vi…

Read More

I am married for 10 months. My inlaws not letting my husband to live with me. They always sending me to my mom's home. Mother in law harassing me.…

Read More

My NRI husband, father in law and sister in law all are divorcee's. They alleges the other party and ask for annulment and they got in past also. …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue