Husband asking to return jewelry given during wedding

I have filed for divorce due to incompatibility, irreconcilable differences & most importantly non consummation of marriage . Husband has asked to return jewellery received by me during wedding like necklace,Bangles,ring, earrings,etc.he has even inflated the value of jewellery given by 3 times. Am I supposed to return jewellery while seeking divorce? Will he return cash/dowry given & expenses made in wedding? How to contest & refute?

as you are saying tht you have filled divorce due to non sconsumation of marriage as well as irrecovrable differences between u and ur husband. in this matter you are worried about your allimony and stridhan tou will get it back as well as you have to give back the his jwellarry

Hello ma'am. I have perused your query. Any gift recieved by a woman during or after her marriage is her sole property. You are the absolute owner of any jewellery that was given to you and the same need not be returned if you so desire. Please feel free to reach out to me in case you wish to discuss the matter in more detail.

to be honest, if you have already filed a case in court, you should consult with your own counsel rather than going behind his back since it is completely unethical to do so. also, in case of conflicting or different advise, you will be the one suffering.