Husband and in-laws harassing & torturing me, what should I do

my inlaws nd husband is not taking my responsibility they harass me regarding dowry demand of flat cabs etc i m living seperate from my husband house my parents giving me money can my inlaws get into jail they dont want the relationship they said when you earn then only come i had left job when i got married now i m searching job if i file case against my inlaws whether they will get aressted or not how should i file the case

Answers (3)

103 votes

Good evening, if u want get rid off from ur inlaws, first of all u file a suit of dowery and harassment, if u hire a good lawyer, u will success in ur goal to send ur in laws in jail. When they appear in court then u file another suit of 125 Cr.p.c maintenance. Ok

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

U have to give an application in women power line or in police station or at probationary officer court.u can also file a case under gharelu hinsa or u can write to manila ayog too.u have to brief all the things which are going with u.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
130 votes

U can file case for 498a cruelty, dowry act against ur in laws and husband u have to complain in either mahila thana or local thana of ur area after investigation police may arrest ur inlaws. U have to keep some proof ready to keep ur complaint more credible. After that they maygo to jail and compromise with you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles