How to negotiate a settlement in a mutual divorce

If a wife is asking all her earned salary as settlement [7+ yrs-Approx 30 Lacs] (No KIDS)How much % of her earnings should be legally settled by husband - Misunderstandings/Diff of opinion/Fake harassment could be the reason for Mutual Divorce-Please provide guidance..

Answers (1)

281 votes

If there are no kids then the settlement amount should not be that huge. However, a lot depends on the salary of the person and lifestyle etc.
Additionally, in a mutual consent divorce, the court doesn't prescribe any fixed amount for divorce and it is as per the choice of both the parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles