How to get immediate divorce after 2 months of marriage ?

14-Jun-2024 (In Divorce Law)
I want to get immediate separation from my husband and want get marry is there immediate solution for this problem I got marry last two months back but I am not getting adjust so I diceded this please suggest on this, can i file divorce after 2 months of marriage ?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
300 votes

There is no provision for obtaining a divorce within two months of marriage under Hindu law.

In India, the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, governs the laws related to marriage and divorce among Hindus. According to Section 14 of the Act, a petition for divorce can only be filed after one year of marriage, except in cases where the spouse seeking divorce can prove exceptional hardship or exceptional depravity on the part of the other spouse.

The exceptional hardship or depravity as stated in Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, means circumstances that are so severe that it would be unjust and unreasonable to compel the petitioner to continue with the marital relationship. The law does not provide a specific definition or examples of what constitutes exceptional hardship or depravity, but some common examples are:

  1. Physical or mental cruelty: If one spouse has been subjected to physical or mental cruelty by the other spouse, such as domestic violence or emotional abuse, it can be considered an exceptional hardship.

  2. Adultery or desertion: If one spouse has committed adultery or deserted the other spouse, it can be considered an exceptional depravity.

  3. Incurable disease or mental illness: If one spouse suffers from an incurable disease or mental illness, which makes it impossible to continue the marital relationship, it can be considered an exceptional hardship.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
655 votes
Dear Madam,
If you want immediate separation you have to file mutual consent petition but if want to file alone, it is not possible to get immidiate relief,but if your husband give consent for divorce after recieving notice from court than you can get divorce.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
718 votes
Under the Hindu marriage Act, if marriage took place as. Per Hindu customs may get divorce under mutual consent of you both spouses and file divorce case under section 13(1)(b) of Hindu marriage Act Hindu marriage Act and court may allow after examining each spouse.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
673 votes
It's not that easy to divorce, you will have to file an SLP but if you can give me the property details, you can the marriage annulled... But it's subject to certain conditions. Contract me for more details
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."