How to get a contested divorce under Muslim law

Hi i need to know regarding the 2018 law for muslims divorce. I want to divorce my wife but she doesnt want to leave me. She is not ready for divorce. I like another woman and i want to marry her. My wife already know abt that and she have all the proofs that i am having an affair with that girl. In this case what are my options. I dont have children. Married for 4 years. Both of us are Indian citizen. Need to know abt new muslim law regarding divorce for husbands. Please advise. Thanks.

Answers (1)

111 votes

Sec 497 is applicable across India., muslims are not exempted ., and so are you,

However contact your wakf board and talk to the mulawat, find out a compromise ., there are couple of options for husbands to talaq his wife

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Want divorce from wife as she is not agree to get divorce, what to do? Any ground to get proper divorce?…

Read More

i want to ask for my sister that how can she get quick divorce without mutual consent and complaint of 498a is also given to women cell and also she h…

Read More

Sir We was a happy couple our marriage was love marriage without to our parents knowledge we registered our marriage in register office in chennai and…

Read More

Hi. I belong to a village. Due to family pressure I got married on 5 dec 2014. She is totally typical lady. I have no feelings for her. Even I didn&rs…

Read More