How to file a divorce if spouse is being harassed and ill-treated

I had a miscarriage after 9yrs n came home out-of fear to his misbehaviour n ill- treatment n didn't return.I was sexually n mentally harressed also no food. I spoke to him about mutual divorce but no reply.I was threatened to leave the house as he didn't want to give me divorce.I don't expect anything from him so if I file divorce how can the property rights be separated if he doesn't reply to the summon? What type of divorce would be better to settle it as in no way marriage will work out. Can a notice b sent to him to come to relinquish the right in my mother's share? What if he doesn't come, any other way to settle it?

Answers (1)

123 votes

I am assuming you are governed by the family law prevailing in state of Goa. If that is the case then after the divorce is granted you can file an inventory proceedings for allotment of property/ assets held by both of you under the communion of assets( by virtue of marriage)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles