How to deal with divorce case and protect family from false allegation

My wife is living with his parents at Katihar since 13th jan 2013. I have a son born on 21/7/12. Now I filed a divorce case at Madhubani. Is this possible that she will file a false suit under 498a at Katihar. How I prevent my entire family from this false allegation.

Answers (4)

110 votes

To prevent your family from 498A there can be many ways plus it would help you in your divorce case too. Desertion is best way f getting divorce that too more than two years. Your family would be safe after being noted that the 498A case has been institutE after your divorce case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

259 votes

Yes she can file a case under section 498A of the Indian Penal Code, before she file any case against you file a snaha before your concerned police station stating all the facts, It will help you to deal the false case if any lodged against you and your family

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
287 votes

When you file the divorce case aftrr that 498a will not apply and if they file tje same will file a information petition also stating therin that she is leaving with her parents since jan 2013.

140 votes

If she has substantive evidance in connection with offence under section 498 (A) IPC , then there is every chance to file a case under the aforementioned section by your wife. In order to protect, at the most what you can do is you can file an informatory petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles