How to claim maintenance if I'm a working women?

If my salary is 30 thousand per month and my husband salary is 5.4 lack per month I mean 65 lk per annum ,then can I claim maintinance and if Yes then how to contest on which ground and precisely the clauses in my favor

Answers (3)

122 votes

Mam a wife can claim maintenance from her husband only if she is unable to maintain herself.. But if you have to claim maintenance from your husband then you we have to hide the fact of your job and salary .. For further detailed consultation kindly contact in person.. Thanks .. Regards adv Hemant Chaudhary

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

52 votes

Hi, definitely you can claim maintainance from your husband, irrespective of what is your salary or what are you earning. It is the duty of husband to maintain his wife and you can claim maintainance under section 125 from your husband .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
161 votes

Yes you can as he is earning far more than you. For that you will have to file petition u/s 124 of crpc for maintenance. A wife has all the rights to live a standard life the way her husband is leading ...hope i answer your question.take care..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles