How to claim alimony from husband, if I know he has a relationship

My husband is mentally torturing me and my 4and a half yr old girl child bcoz I'm not giving him divorce. So I need to know legally what can I claim from him as a final settlement and I have also got some proof that he has illicit relationship with one female.

Answers (3)

350 votes

Here you can file a case under D V ACT and pray for protection against his torture. Here you cal also claim maintenance and shelter.

Here as you told you a have a proof of illicit relationship of him, you can file divorce case against him on this basis.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

-If you are looking for final settlement from your husband then you have to give him divorce, if not you can claim for monthly maintenance from him for yourself and your daughter if in case you are not staying together.
-In final settlement you can ask for lump sum amount which includes alimony for your living and your daughter her education expenses everything.
- You can ask him to deposit amount in the bank so that with the interest accured from it can be used by you for monthly maintenance.
- If he is having any ancestral property you can claim your daughter's share.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
65 votes

Dear madam,
As per your query, you can file petition for maintenance before Family court for monthly maintenance, or you can file domestic violence case before concerned magistrate Court, or if you want to divorce and permanent alimony you can file a petition for divorce on cruelty ground and the same petition you can claim permanent alimony, court will decide maintence and permanent alimony based on your husband earnings.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles