How to change marital status on certificate

Good morning sir My self Alka I got marriage with USA citizen. Before this ,I was in Australia with my partner without marriage. I had baby born there ,me and my partner seperated now since last five years. Now married with USA citizen. Now He want apply visa for me and my daughter. But we did little bit mistake in marriage certificate form that I suggested my status as divorced.Actually it should have been separated. I made mistake there. What should I do now?Because i was single separated before marriage. Plz guide me how I solve this problem? Thx

Good Morning Alka,

You can approach the concern registration office and file an application for correction in the documents,
You can file a suit for declaration in the concerned court in case the inspector general registrar deny to do the necessary correction .

Thanks

For this you first approach the authority who have given you the certificate. There you need to submit affidavit for changing status from " Divorced " to " Separated ". It may take time. If they deny then ask then whether order of court for changing the same is sufficient?

Generally, court would allow the same in good faith and for justice. So, it's possible to change status in marriage certificate but you first need to obtain proper decree of the court or else proper representation before competent authority.

Firstly if you haven't Marriage with Australian guy then why you mentioned in marriage form that you are divorcee.
Non of marriage certificates mention that you are married or not.
Second thing make adoption deed and get a court order of said deed and get passport of you daughter in name of American guy.

You should rectify your marriage certificate form and rectify the mistake. Then after you and USA citizen both are take the child as adopted child and file the petition before the court for change of name in birth certificate of child so that the name of USA citizen appeared in birth certificate then may apply for visa for your and your child. Today the status of child is illegitimate child so lendhi process