How much maintenance is a women eligible for after divorce.

What compensation will be claimed to the husband who wants to divorce me. As I am married him after getting divorce from first husband. My second husband hided his health, actual age & assurance made during marrying me. Now they are ready pay the compensation which is very low amount and they took my sign threatening me & my parents to agree as per there wish & agreement made. Now I kindly request you to suggest me how can I get higher compensation for my future life.

Answers (4)

182 votes

Dear madam,
Yes you can seek high compensation as well as alimony ,as per your wealth and earning of your husband, and if he has taken any sign ,we can get asisde provides taken proper remedy legally ,you may contact at earliest .OFC : Adv Pankaj Kumar & associate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

114 votes

Dear Madam,

There is no maximum or minimum maintainance prescribed under the law. Maintainance amount or the permanent alimony is depend on the economic status of the couples. If you are made to sign any agreement, that is not valid under law.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
203 votes

The contents of this Agreement that you have signed will determine your case.. I hope you read it carefully before signing. If your second husband lied/ hid details from you, then you can likely file a case for divorce yourself and claim compensation, provided you produce all documents in Court and conduct it properly. Without reading the Agreement, it is not possible to give more advice.

114 votes

Dear Madam,
If Ur husband threaten u, u can file complaint against him before jurisdictional police. And
U can get maintainence on the basis of Ur husband Income and status of life and Ur cost of leaving including house rent, food and cloth, medical etc.
For that u can file case before court Under Domestic violence act or u/s 125 of Code of criminal procedure or u can also claim in Divorce petition if it is pending.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles